BMW 540i with a TomTom 300

I didn't like it up in the windshield and you couldn't see it in the glare of the Arizona sun, so I built it into my (otherwise useless) cup holder.
BMW-11.jpg

P5151837.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pics!

Just noticed that your trip computer is using the same display as the radio. Didn't know that.

not crazy about the location, personally. Isn't that hard to view?

I live in bright, sunny Tucson.(300+ days bright sunshine) Placed any higher in the car, the glare makes it unreadable. So, I have adjusted to it being slightly lower than you might feel is ideal. It is mounted by simply inserting the round portion of the docking base under the (useless) right factory cupholder and snapping the TT to the base through the cupholder opening. The power cord is connected to the glove compartment flashlight outlet, which is switched with the ignition. Works perfect, comes on and off w/ ignition. I have a small piece of black rubber under it which makes it very steady and shock proof.

BTW:It's location is just about 2 1/2 inches lower than factory GPS location. And since this photo was taken, I added the support raising it about an inch.

Last edited:
here's a proclip mount for a 2000.... seems like it might angle it a little better for you and still keep in in the general line of sight that you want.

proclip.jpg

nice pix... if you can edit your first post to scale that one down a bit so it fits better?

I also reposistioned them. Be sure to hit enter twice to leavea space bwten each image. that way they aren't all on the same line and making everyone scroll left and right. I have a 17 inch display on my laptop and I was still scrolling big time! :) Nice pix though!

same clip then... should definitely mount it.

gps looks so lonely down there on the console.

Ask a Question