TomTom ONE New Edition - How to set owner?

I inerited my wife's old TomTom ONE New Edition (2nd Edition?). I've updated all the software, etc. I'd like to set an owner so I can password protect the unit but I can't control the unit from the new version of HOME. By control, I mean I can't use the "Operate my ONE" option. Everything else in HOME works fine...

Thanks in advance!

Try a reset on the unit and see if that allows for the emulator to work.

If not, at the BOTTOM RIGHT of this link will be links to earlier Home versions. You may want remove the current version of Home, and download an earlier version to see if the 'operate my unit' function works with that on your Mac.

Well I've tried a bunch of different things including reinstalling the original version of TomTomHOME that came with the unit but still I am unable to operate the unit from my computer. Anything else I can try?

Did you try an earlier version of Home? I was sure the emulator was working in a recent version on a Mac.

OTOH, have you checked if there is a more recent version of Home for your Mac? Home's HELP-->Check for Home Update

I did. I reinstalled the original version. tried that. Didn't work. It prompted me that a newer version was available. Downloaded that (still version 1.x). Didn't work. Was again prompted that a newer version was available. Downloaded that (2.1?). Didn't work. Downloaded the latest. Didn't work...

The emulators are published for certain combinations of map and app pairs.

Are you on app 7.903 (the proper one for the one 2nd edition)?

What map are you on?

I am on App 7.903. The map is 'usa_and_canada' v660.1215.

Interestingly, I installed TomTomHOME 2 on my PC from work and was able to control the TomTom ONE just fine. Seems as there is an issue with the Mac version of HOME...

There do seem to be issues with the Macs, yes.

Mind you, the map you're using is about 3 years old now so if it were upgraded, maybe the combination of application (new) map would work on the Mac as mvl pointed out.

I spent the $50 and updated my map. Mac HOME still doesn't work. I was able to get HOME running on Windows XP via VMware so at least I have a working solution. Maybe HOME doesn't like the Mac's flavor of Java (if that is what it uses)...

This is what TT's web site says:

What are the system requirements to download TomTom HOME for Mac OS X?

For all TomTom GO, ONE, XL, and RIDER devices, the system requirements for MAC OS X are:
Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
500 MHz G3 processor or better
256MB RAM
Internet connection (preferably broadband - DSL/Cable/LAN) for downloading updates, maps or services

You can try to uninstall Home and then redownload it for the Mac. May work..........

See here

I use TT home on an imac (2009 OSX 10.6.2) and have had some past issues with the 'Operate My Device' function. I found that fully uninstalling the TT home app worked well.
First try and delete the files used to operate your device:

Delete the any files or folder in the following location:
Users/<username>/Application Support/TomTomHOME/Profiles/<random name>/extensions
Then start home again and try to operate your TT through Home

If that doesn't work, try fully uninstalling the software.
Follow the steps below to fully uninstall TomTom HOME:

From the Finder menu, click Go > Applications.

Drag TomTom HOME.app to the trash.

Locate your Documents folder and drag the TomTom folder to the trash. (Probably best to make a copy first)

In your user folder, go to Library > Application Support. Drag the TomTom HOME folder to the trash.

Then try re-installing the latest version of Home and try to operate your device again.

Ask a Question