Tomtom One Loses Signal

I'm posting for a friend who's on the road right now.

She has a TT1 that she got for a Christmas gift. She set up a route, and started driving. Along the way, she stopped to grab a bite to eat. She turned off the TT, and ate.

When she got back to her car, she turned to TT back on, and it showed her current position. She started driving, and the position never changed.

She tried going into the menu and resetting the factory defaults, and setting it up again, but nothing changed. I told her to let it sit in the window for a while to see if it picked up a signal. She let it sit for over an hour as she was driving, and it never picked up a signal.

At her next gas stop, I told her to hit the reset button, and boom..within a few minutes, it was working fine....until she got to her destination. She got there, turned it off....and when she turned it back on, it did the exact same thing.

Is this something the GPSfix could help out with?

I told her to hit the reset button, and boom..within a few minutes, it was working fine.

Are you referring to the paperclip reset? If not, then it should be tried, as lec510 suggests.

Make sure she updates to the latest version of the OS. My brother had the exact same problem with his. Would not move the location. Once he updated to 7.161 it's worked every time.

Ask a Question