TomTom One LE

So,

Has anyone purchased one of the TomTom ONE LE? I've read multiple descriptions of this product and which is true. Does it have the SD card or not?

That's the biggest deal for me right now I think.

Thanks!
Farmer

P.S. Sorry for posting in the wrong place earlier. I have sort of fixed it...

I don't have one, but believe they do have the SD card slot. Have not seen one on display. I would like to know the POI quantity. BB website says 5 million.

The BestBuy site says that it DOES have an SD slot. This is good.

So why is it priced exactly the same as the 3rd Edition, which hasn't got the slot??

Just got back form bestbuy and got a One LE. It does in fact have the slot AND internal memory! Yay! It also alleges to have bluetooth and whatnot. So it seems to be much better than the Third Edition.

Other than that, I don't know much about it as i'm a newb, and it's my first.

Farmer

The BestBuy site says that it DOES have an SD slot. This is good.

So why is it priced exactly the same as the 3rd Edition, which hasn't got the slot??

Just got back form bestbuy and got a One LE. It does in fact have the slot AND internal memory! Yay! It also alleges to have bluetooth and whatnot. So it seems to be much better than the Third Edition.

Other than that, I don't know much about it as i'm a newb, and it's my first.

Farmer

According to the specs on the BB website, The One LE doesn't do voice prompts. That's a mistake on BB's part, right? Can you verify on your unit that it does do voice prompts?

Voice promts? do you mean it may not speak directions or do you mean just not call out streets by name instead of "left in 200 yards" Can't see what use a gps would be if you had to constantly look at the damn thing while driving.

I'm going to try and get one on BF too. Hopefully most people will be rushing for everything else.

My thoughts exactly, that's why I think it's a mistake on the BB spec sheet.

BB lists processor speed as 266 MHz, which is what the V2 units had. Hopefully these "LE" units are just rebranded TomTom One V2 units with the SiRF III chipset. Apparently they have the same color scheme...

I'm also going to try for one on BF. As you said, I'm betting that entry-level GPS won't be extremely attractive to the early risers.

This is bad information that is misleading.
BestBuy's website says voice Prompts but means Voice Address Input available in the 920.

There are voice prompts on my unit. It did not come with a CD, but as soon as you hook it up to your computer, it asks if it can download Home and installs it for you.

Also, is there a way I can check the GPS chipset without taking it apart? I'd be more than happy to post whatever information I can for the benefit of others here.

Here is the data on the info screen:
App 7.131 (8483/071011)
29MB RAM (free: 5.8MB)
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3026
MAP: 'USA_and_Canada' v705.1481
Language: English
FCC ID: S4LONE-CK
IC: 5767A-ONECK
Farmer

Last edited:
So, does anyone know what GPS chipset is in the TomTom One LE? Or is there a non destructive way for me to find out?

Thanks,
Farmer

I believe the chipset is SiRFstar III.
You can look at the box and see if there is a logo or something stating SiRFstar III.

Ask a Question