tomtom one assistance please

Hi all,

Can anyone help?

I have been using my TomTom One in my truck since June 2010. It has been working prefect. I ended my shift on Friday, switched it off and put it away.

On Maonday morning i switched it back on. I tried to select the "Europe Truck 2010" option as I always have (this has all my previous routes logged in). Once I selected that it just kept switching itself off and restarting.

It does this everytime. So I have been selecting the " UK & ROI " option which works ok but it will only route for cars and not trucks even though I have re-inputted my trucks dimensions. It tries to send me down illeagal roads.

I think I may have to update the software on the chip but im not sure how to go about it.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Welcome to TTF.

I need to ask.......

Where did you get the map that allowed you to use the Truck designation? From TomTom?

Did you try to reset your unit? (Not sure whether it has a dedicated reset hole or whether you have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds till you hear the drum roll).

Hi,

Bought the unit as a package on Ebay in June. I didnt keep the seller details so will have to try and sort it myself.

I havent tried to reset it as im worried it may wipe the truck details off and only work for cars.

Im not that familiar with sat nav's but im assuming the guy that sold it uploaded the truck details on the card that slots in it.

I only got an in-car charger with it. I have no usb lead so the only way of connecting it to the p.c. is by inserting the card.

I suspect (especially considering the source of purchase) that you have a hacked map and software to make that map work on the unit.

So I assume TomTom One was'nt designed for Trucks!

I would have thought the whole idea of having a card slot was to give the option of installing the software to siut individual purposes.

But, like I say, i dont know much about sat navs.

Ask a Question