TomTom One 80 yards out of alignment

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom one
My TomTom one V4 is out of sync.
Its showing I am 80 to 100 yards south of my position. this is just annoying if I am traveling north or south. However if traveling east or west. it jumps to parallel roads and re-calculates all the time.

is this a software issue or is it stuffed.

Can any one help???

Cheers Philip

Still not working

Tried a full reset and it still not working, I live next to a river and it is navigating me from the wrong side. My GPS is off.

Has it just started to do this? When it started showing this offset was it following a connection to your computer and TomTom Home as it could be the qGPS data that your device has received that is wrong - Mike

How many satellites does your GPS have reception with? Tap the strength meter and you should see X satellites on the right of the screen...

Update the unit too get the latest gps fix. See what that does...

To me (which means pretty much nothing) it sounds like there is an internal problem with the GPS unit. You are being placed on an arch of a sphere between multiple satellites. Where these arches intersect is where you are.

You are being pulled towards roads to increase the accuracy while driving. However you are being pulled onto roads further south.

I'd be curious to verify you longitude and latitude compared to what the GPS is reading. If thats accurate maybe the map is being displayed incorrectly (off set north) is this possible?

Do you have access to the map on your harddrive prior to when it gave you problems? If it were mine I would be tempted to redo everything. But not willing to buy a new map (I would get a new GPS first). Clear_Flash program too...

gps not right

it went wappy on me last night , said i was driving at 90mph when parked and speed limit siren kept going off.
however today just driven 200 miles with no hitch.

Ask a Question