Tomtom one 30 series start up problem

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
Sometimes I go a couple of weeks between using my satnav and when I switch it on I get the "drive safely" page then the "this device belongs to" page. When I press continue quite often that's as far as as I get and only by holding down the off switch till I get the tomtom logo and the sound then the unit resets its self.

I have a nagging feeling that when I made the original windows backup I unplugged the unit before the program was fully downloaded though I have updated the unit several times since I bought it and have always made a windows backup of the update.

It works fine when its running, its only when it has been standing for a while I have any problems. When I use it in the car I always plug it in so it is fully charged when I put it away.

It could be the battery just slowly goes flat or the unit needs a fully charged battery to work properly.

I believe rechargeable batteries slowly go flat even when not in use. Joe

Given that the One 30 has to be no more recent than 2009, it is possible that the battery is getting tired. If, after it has been idle for some time, you put your unit on the mains charger before taking it to the car, does this resolve the problem?

Given that the One 30 has to be no more recent than 2009, it is possible that the battery is getting tired. If, after it has been idle for some time, you put your unit on the mains charger before taking it to the car, does this resolve the problem?
I will give it a blast on the mains charger before I use it next time and I will let you know how i get on Joe

I found a reply to a similar question. It suggested when you turn the unit off it goes into a sleep mode and does not totally switch off which may explain why I am having problems when the unit is switched off for a couple of weeks.Joe

Ask a Question