My tomtom is not coming on help pb one 30 series

TomTom Model(s)
PB5218H02047
Pls what can I do I can't get to where I'm going without it. The green charging light is not coming on too. It's PB5218H02047. Thank you

That serial number matches up to a ONE (30 Series) / 125 / 130 - 1GB

When you connect to the computer or using the car charger, the light does not come on?

Yes please it still does not come on. Don't know how to get it started or rebooted and to upgrade.thank you. I'm stuck today.pls help

Sounds like it may be a hardware issue. Other than trying to hold the power button for about 30 seconds to see if the unit will reboot (unless your model has a dedicated reset hole), I don't know what else to suggest if neither the car charger or the cable connected to the computer don't seem to be providing power.

The battery may be truly dead or something else.

Yes please it still does not come on. Don't know how to get it started or rebooted and to upgrade.thank you. I'm stuck today.pls help
I'm not familiar with your model, so I don't know if it uses the same cable to connect with the computer as it does with the car charger - i.e. a USB connection at the cable end opposite the GPS.

If it DOES use the same cable, a faulty cable is a possible reason for the failure to charge, so you might want to locate another cable and try it just in case that is the root cause. If two different cables are used, and you are not charging when connected to the cigarette lighter or when connected to your computer, it sounds like the problem is with the GPS itself.

I have not experienced it myself, but I have heard that if the battery is completely dead the unit will sometimes fail to charge. You might want to leave it connected to your computer overnight with the computer running. (Some computers leave power on the USB ports at all times, and some have no power to the USB ports except when running.) I have a coworker who restored life to a seemingly dead lithium battery from a different type of device with this approach.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question