TomTom Navigator 6 has been releasted?

Internetpilot

TomTom Model(s)
GO700 (Updated)
I'm guessing this is the TomTom Navigator for PDAs forum? If so, then I just received an advertisement from Palm selling their GPS system for the Treo that included TomTom Navigator 6. So, apparently, TTN6 has been released to North America -- at least to some degree.

Chris, you are definitely right, my wife has a Treo700p and she told me that TomTom have a package for her Palm Treo for $299, the price is definitely unbeatable for most of the new features we are getting with the GoX10s on a PDA.

Even more so when you consider that the Treo 700p is already a MP3 player, video player, web/email capable, and a smartphone for easy integration with the TomTom Plus features. Throw TomTom Nav 6 at it, and you basically have a GO 910 with (significantly) less storage and a smaller screen as the only caveats. Of course, if you throw a $70 4gb SD card at the 700p, too, your storage problem is significantly lessened, too.

Not a bad deal, but I just recently moved away from using my Palm as a GPS navigation system, and I'm enjoying having a separate cell phone, PDA, and a AIO GPS too much to go back to any form of convergence device.

Incidentally, here is the official press release on Navigator 6 for Palm and Windows Mobile:

http://www.tomtom.com/news/category.php?ID=4&NID=287&Language=4

Looks pretty much like v6.XXX of the GO units, judging by the list of features and changes. Hopefully, they will now offer cross continent routing instead of the rather limiting regional routing of v5.

Ask a Question