TomTom map detail

wup

Does the TomTom 1 have an option to vary the map detail like the Garmin does? I prefer to see all the roads to include names that are around me as I drive. When on the interstate its nice to see the other major roads as you zoom the map out. Does this occur on the TT. Also I read somewhere that the 3rd edition didn't do multiple stops in route planning. Can I assume that functionally that the TT 1, XL and 3rd edition are functionally the same?

Thanks

you have some control over the map detail. i don't know how it compares to the garmin. but mine shows me the surrounding street names. with the tomtom 1 though, you are talking about a 3.5 inch screen so you lose some detail rather quickly as you zoom out on the map. i'm sure that will be the same with the garmin also. i don't know the functionality of the other tomtom's you mentioned, but the one 3rd edition will not give you route planning without a menu modification. check with your garmins also, as i think their entry level units such as the tomtom one does not give you route planning either and i don't think you can modify their menus the way you can a tomtom.

My old Garmin 2610 had that feature, wherein one could select different size of fonts for different type of autobahns/roads, and some other detailing stuff I can't remember. I'm not familiar with other TT models, I own a 910 and previously had Navigator 5 and 6 on my PDA and the interfaces are exactly the same - and no detailing possibilities.

Ask a Question