tomtom limitations?

Here's the problem. How many givers of the TomTom's even know WHAT a LMG is, let alone how to activate it. and how many users know that, if Home says they have the latest maps, then the user would believe it rather than knowing to call Support to pursue it? Lots, I suspect.

Well, if people came to this or similar forums, they probably know how to deal with LMG. But how many users even know these fora exist? Not sooo many, I suspect.

So, I suspect a lot of receivers of BF TomTom's will be 'stuck' with outdated maps unless TT gets a little flexible with their LMG policies....
You are right. Although mine started an answer to a giver in this list I decided to make it a little more general as I was typing..

As you know from previous posts, LMG worked immediately for my NA map and informed that my European map was the latest. I accepted that for a week until I learned on an English forum that a larger map was available. I never compared but now assume that the main difference was in the number of POIs and cspeech files.

Well, let's hope the US Support uses a little common sense with Black Friday dated POPs.

Like yours, some of my posts are not only immediate replies to a question but also carry some details for someone straying into a thread.
I wish I had found some like that as I still remember my initial bewilderment very well.

Ask a Question