tomtom in israel

TomTom Model(s)
start 20
Hi
6 months ago on a trip to the uk we bought a tomtom start 20 model which is supposed to work in 45 countries around the world (israel is not one of them) for our holidays abroad. We have uptill now only heard and had good use from tomtoms(from rented cars).
We have just come back from croatia/ slovenia where the :confused gps is supposed to work and to our great dissapointement and frustration it failed us.
Reading many of your forums i realize that there is a bug in many of the tomtoms,my problem is that living in israel where tomtom is not supported even though i have done what you suggest i do to get my gps signal ,how do i know if its worked or not?
Looking forward to hearing any suggestions you may have to help solve this frustrating issue
thanx
Shani

There will be no way to get a map of Israel for your TomTom. The only Middle East countries supported are Bahrain, KWT, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, and Saudi Arabia. There remains an ongoing geopolitical sensitivity to mapping in your area.

You will find that Garmin's Navteq supplied maps don't cover Israel in their Middle East map, either, though their overall coverage in the rest of the area is better ( see here: https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=73267&pvID=73740 ).

Not sure where you heard that your TomTom would play in Israel, but that was bad information. Where did you hear that?

Ask a Question