TomTom in glovebox?

Does anyone leave your TomTom in your glovebox? I'm concerned about the hot and cold extremes and any damage that might do. It's a bit inconvenient to have to bring it when you know you'll need it instead of it always just being there. Thoughts?

Don't know if the color LCD really cares much for heat, and I don't think the lithium battery likes it either.

I only leave it in the car (but in the center console) if I know I'll be right back, otherwise it's in my pocket. At work it goes in with me in the bag.

Last edited:
I had a mp3 player explode on me when the car got really hot....almost killed the hard drive and required major surgery. It was the battery that was the culprit, and I imagine it was a similar battery that lives in the TomTom.

Beware the heat! I don't think the cold will matter all that much.

So the consensus seems to be......don't leave it in the car. :)

Well that's a bit inconvenient. Maybe it would be better just to use TomTom on a Treo. I just can't get it to run fast enough for my liking or with a simultaneous connection to a bluetooth headset and GPS receiver. Maybe the 755p will be better.

Ask a Question