TomTom Home

TomTom Model(s)
Okay just got my 720. Anytime I download a voice or map color from TomTom Home it will not show up on my device, even though it says it installed it and that it is on there. Any suggestions?

Hi there... you are going to preferences on your unit and trying to choose the new voice/color scheme and they aren't showing up as choices?

that is correct. Now if I take the voice off the cd that came with my tomtom it works fine. Now if I download from tomtom home it says it downloads and installs fine but under preferences nothing shows up that I downloaded.

Very strange indeed. I would try to operate the unit through HOME and see if it shows up that way. I doubt it will, but I would see anyway. Next thing I would try is to install it manually. Find the folder on your computer where it's downloading those voices, and just drag it to your unit where the other voices are? Same for color schemes.

Let us know!

Very strange indeed. I would try to operate the unit through HOME and see if it shows up that way. I doubt it will, but I would see anyway. Next thing I would try is to install it manually. Find the folder on your computer where it's downloading those voices, and just drag it to your unit where the other voices are? Same for color schemes.

Let us know!

well i tried it both ways and they still do not show up. I copied the two files for the map colors into the schemes folder and they still are not there.

Ask a Question