TomTom Home

Hi to everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help with with a Home problem I have.
I have a TomTom One N14644 and downloaded the Home software to manage my updates. I just logged on again to check for updates and was greeted with a "THERE IS A NEWER HOME VERSION AVAILABLE", 2.7 I think so I downloaded the update. Now whenever I open up the TOMTOM home I get the messge "TomTomHOMERuntime.exe has encountered a problem and must close". This then closes the application completely.

Has anyone any ideas why this is happening

Regards
Robin

It looks like a lot of folks are having the same problem. My suggestion is to either go back to your previous version, if you saved it for now. If not, uninstall Home 2.7 and reinstall again - you should be able to get the software from TomTom.com. Hope thios works. Let us know.

There will be a new Home release very soon to deal with the slowness problem. Version 2.7, for whatever reason, attempts to scan all downloaded files such as mapshare files, quickfix files, etc prior to booting. V2.6 didn't do this.......... and hopefully, V2.x won't either!! :eek:

There will be a new Home release very soon to deal with the slowness problem. Version 2.7, for whatever reason, attempts to scan all downloaded files such as mapshare files, quickfix files, etc prior to booting. V2.6 didn't do this.......... and hopefully, V2.x won't either!! :eek:

the only thing that got rid of the slowness problem was to set tom tom home to its basice settings at

TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - Support home - Select your product

but it does delete older downloads. The speed however is a 100% inprovement.

Precisely.......

Hopefully the Home update when it comes won't bog down if the user is sitting with a lot of prevously downloaded files.......

Hi to everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help with with a Home problem I have.
I have a TomTom One N14644 and downloaded the Home software to manage my updates. I just logged on again to check for updates and was greeted with a "THERE IS A NEWER HOME VERSION AVAILABLE", 2.7 I think so I downloaded the update. Now whenever I open up the TOMTOM home I get the messge "TomTomHOMERuntime.exe has encountered a problem and must close". This then closes the application completely.

Has anyone any ideas why this is happening

Regards
Robin

I had the same problem and error message. I simply rebooted the computer and it worked fine.

Ask a Question