TomTom HOME worth updating?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
After hearing some horror stories about the latest TT HOME version, is it ok for ONE users? I rarely log on and I've delayed the update several times but if I do that, I won't know if there's a newer version after it.

Should I update?

It seemed like many of the strange problems encountered just went away by updating from an administrator account (on my Vista computer). If you are running as admin, should be okay.

After hearing some horror stories about the latest TT HOME version, is it ok for ONE users? I rarely log on and I've delayed the update several times but if I do that, I won't know if there's a newer version after it.

Should I update?
I have a ONE v2, and it works fine with one catch. You have to minimize the window that HOME is running in after you click update my device. It may try to pop back up, but keep it minimized. When the hard drive symbol on your ONE stops flashing, your update should be done, then you can maximize HOME's window, and finish. If you don't minimize the window, the update will take forever, if ever. Don't ask my why or how this works, but it has worked for me ever since I updated to the latest version of HOME.

Interesting lol...

Also, my TT has been randomly shutting off and resetting itself (sorta like a soft reset). Sometimes it restarts fine, other times, it restarts then gives me the "No SD Card" symbol. I'm using a Sandisk 2GB card as recommended by those who have tested it here on TTF. Odd that it should behave this way. The SD card seems ok, nothing out of the ordinary like a large scratch on the metal bits.

Interesting lol...

Also, my TT has been randomly shutting off and resetting itself (sorta like a soft reset). Sometimes it restarts fine, other times, it restarts then gives me the "No SD Card" symbol. I'm using a Sandisk 2GB card as recommended by those who have tested it here on TTF. Odd that it should behave this way. The SD card seems ok, nothing out of the ordinary like a large scratch on the metal bits.
How long have you been using the card? Maybe it's getting worn out.

Ask a Question