TomTom Home v2.5.1.36 help

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd edition
I have a TomTom One New Edition. Currently, I have home v1.6 installed. Every time a new version of home comes around, I update to it. The new versions never recognize my unit, so I always drop back to the 1.6. The latest was 2.5.1.36, it proved to as worthless as the rest.Problem is, current version won't allow downloading of anything, unless I upgrade home. Do I need to install something manually?? If so how?

Current configuration:

App 7.9 (9180/081021) OS:2341
29MB Ram (free 6.2MB)
GPS v1.21, Boot 4.5800
Map: USA_AND_Canada v650.1109
Language: English US

On the Bottom:

TomTom one N14644
(4N00.004) E14356K01354

Try a pin reset on your unit and then dock it with a new version of Home and see what happens.

Mac or PC?

If a MAC, look here.

Another thought.......It may be that the firmware is causing some issue with the map version you have (which is quite old).

Last edited:
I'm operating on a PC, windows xp. I noticed the map was outdated, how would I go about getting a more updated map, considering the version of home I have won't allow me to do it.

ok I'll give this a shot on payday. Do I just download, then cut and paste to the appropriate folder? or is there something more complicated to it?

If you buy one, go through the paying process and it should dl and install.

You may want to call Support and have them walk you through the process since you're dealing with an outdated Home.

Update

So this is what I found out/did:
Home v2.5.1.36 wouldn't recognize my TTone, probably because the map was too old. So I, 1) uninstalled Home and installed 1v1.6.102, from my backup. 2) pulled out the memory card and placed a blank 2gb card in. 3) Turned on the TT while connected to computer and restored from backup. 4) Then I updated home to v2.5.2.60. 5) Downloaded map v8.15202 from TomTom and installed. 6) Uninstalled Home v1.6.102........Went for a drive, it has all the new streets on it and it allows me to do map corrections, no problems so far. Wanted to say thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

Thank you for the feedback. Information like that will help others with the same issues.

Ask a Question