TomTom Home Runtime Error with XL330S

Hey everybody,

I just got a new TomTom XL330s and have been enjoying it so far. However, I'm having problems with TomTom home. I attempted to update and install QuickGPSfix

Home gave me an error about writing the lto.dat file in the ephem folder. Then the installation failed for the program. So, I believe that the program is a corrupted download on the unit. I also have not been able to delete that folder.

I am able to start Home, and then plug in the XL. When I did this, it updated normally and had me download another program I needed (believe it was mapshare), but did not prompt me to download QuickGPSfix.

So, is there a way I can either reinstall this program, or delete it from the TomTom's memory? I have a QuickGPSfix folder on my computer, with 3 small files in it. Is there a place I can copy these onto the XL and make the program work?

Thanks
Mick

Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. Delete everything in the ephem folder. (If you can't delete the corrupt file in there, try renaming it).

Next, go here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris\ and delete any subfolders you see there.

Now, connect your unit to Home. You should get a quickgpsfix file offered.

After doing that, I was prompted to download QuickGPSfix again, but it still was unable to complete sucessfully. I get an error message of "Cannot Create file: ephem\lto.dat

edit: Gave it another shot. Worked that time. Thanks

Ask a Question