TomTom Home 2.5.2.60 Runtime Error

I downloaded and installed the latest TomTom Home 2.5.2.60 and it does not work. After the splash screen pops up for a few seconds I get a Windows generated message that states "HOME Runtime.exe failed with error 0: Process failed to start up properly". After trying many things, repeat downloads, I gave up. This morning, I tried the same thing on a completely different computer (both run Windows XP) and got exactly the same results.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,076
I downloaded and installed the latest TomTom Home 2.5.2.60 and it does not work. After the splash screen pops up for a few seconds I get a Windows generated message that states "HOME Runtime.exe failed with error 0: Process failed to start up properly". After trying many things, repeat downloads, I gave up. This morning, I tried the same thing on a completely different computer (both run Windows XP) and got exactly the same results.
This might sound trivial, but... I would try:

1) Completely uninstalled TT Home (using Add/Remove Programs - remove left-over folders manually if necessary, after uninstall)
2) Reinstall from scratch

If that doesn't work, you might try turning off your AV software and/or turning off any Firewall software you might have running.

-Frank

I tried the 1st and 2nd suggestion...several times. On the second PC, there was no old version of TomTom Home ever installed on it so I know that's not the problem. No AV running. No problems with older version of HOME before this recent download.

I tried the 1st and 2nd suggestion...several times. On the second PC, there was no old version of TomTom Home ever installed on it so I know that's not the problem. No AV running. No problems with older version of HOME before this recent download.
Hmm... well, there's always the possibility of a corrupted download. It happens, although rarely. Since you've had this error on two different PCs, sounds like a re-download might be in order. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

-Frank

Hmm... well, there's always the possibility of a corrupted download. It happens, although rarely. Since you've had this error on two different PCs, sounds like a re-download might be in order. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

-Frank

I am running the new Home and tried to update my 'mapshare' and kept getting the attached error, I have tried everything form uninstalling and re-installing but keep getting the same error, this is on an HP Desktop, now, when I downloaded Home on my Dell Laptop and updated mapshare there was no problems. I have been waiting for a reply form TT Support on the problem. This might be a conflict with HP? :confused:

ERROR: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFileInputStream.init]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js :: anonymous :: line 629" data: no]
in chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:629
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:629
0x01, 0644, 0);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:424
this.finalizeDownload());
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:396
this._finishedSuccessfully();

Java

Mule2009, checked an have up to date javascript running, still getting the same error but thanks for the suggestion.

Anybody else have any ideas :confused:

possible solution

are both computers work on vista 32 or 64 bit verses xp. What I suggest first in the coputer that has the error connect to the usb tom tom home. Go to the tom tom folder in my computer and right click on properties. Then go to the tool tab then to to error correction and put checks in both boxes. and run the error correction program. When finished try again and see what happens. Good luck This error progam correct file and hard drive errors in your tom tom.

had the same problem, after loads of messing about i tried downloading with internet explorer not mozila. that was all it took ;]

Runtime error 0

Spent many hours trawling through various help forums trying lots of solutions.At last found one that worked.Go through the download process at TomTom Home ,when prompted to choose a file do NOT download to a programme file but save direct to the 'C' drive.It really works.

You mean don't "run" it, but "save" it?

Everybody's PC and browser set up is different, so people will get different options and messages when you click on a download button.

Some will ask if you want to run the program, or to save it.

My system is set up to ALWAYS save any file to the PC, so with Home I just get

"You have chosen to open 'TomTOmHome2winlatest.exe' - Would you like to save this file?" and it just gives the options 'Save file' or 'Cancel'.

So I always end up saving every downloaded file onto my C drive.

Ask a Question