tomtom home power down

Hi, ive checked the power settings on my tomtom 530 to make sure the settings are fine so it dse not turn off, when i use my tom tom in the car on music it will play all day the same if i use the mains charger...but when i connect the tomtom to my pc using tomtom home it will play music for about 5 mins then the screen changes to a message saying its going to turn off in 8 sec.

I see no settings in tomtom home to set the power off/on, could this be because the power output from my Usb connection to the satnav is not strong enough to supply power while the music is playing?

I would like to use the base mount to sit my tomtom in on my desktop while it charges from my pc and be able to play music at the same time, thank you. :)

...but when i connect the tomtom to my pc using tomtom home it will play music for about 5 mins then the screen changes to a message saying its going to turn off in 8 sec.

I see no settings in tomtom home to set the power off/on, could this be because the power output from my Usb connection to the satnav is not strong enough to supply power while the music is playing?

I would like to use the base mount to sit my tomtom in on my desktop while it charges from my pc and be able to play music at the same time, thank you. :)
It should not do as you describe. Does the charging/power light indicate that it is connected to your PC when you have it docked? Are you using a USB hub of any kind, or are you connected directly to your PC?

Your PC should be able to supply a full 500mA of power over the USB port if it is compliant with the USB spec.

My 720 doesn't do this sitting in the dock running TTHome. Would drive me nuts if it did. It often takes me 10 minutes or more just to square away how I'm going to set up an itinerary.

It only happens if you say "No" to the "connect to computer" request.

In this mode, you can't use HOME with the device, and the computer is primarily serving as a USB charger.

It only happens if you say "No" to the "connect to computer" request.
By "it", I assume you mean the auto shutdown. But the user said he had Home running -- I assume therefore that he said "Yes", not "No", and was trying to run his MP3s while Home was running.

I guessed he was playing MP3's from the device, especially since he referenced the 8 sec countdown screen. We'll never know for sure unless he posts back.

Doug, were you able to get your problem solved?

Ask a Question