TomTom home: Not Supported By Your Device

Discussion in 'TomTom Home and MyTomTom Software' started by jaydeejj, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jaydeejj

jaydeejj

'Mornin, I just bought a TomTom One 140S and I was looking around TomTom Home at voices and such. Well I can search voices and download them but I can't search computer voices. I also can't access car symbols, and I can't change the start-up screen through Home. When I go to click on car symbols it says, "You can not use this feature because it is not supported by your device" I figured I could since this is a newer TomTom.

Do I have to do all these things manually, or am I making a mistake?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    jaydeejj, Oct 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. jaydeejj

doctormstein1

TomTom Model(s):
    2535M Live
    computer voices say the full name of the street that you are turning on which is called voice to text. If your unit doesn't say the actual name of a street and just says something like make a right in 200 feet you can't download a computer voice

doctormstein1, Oct 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. jaydeejj

mvl Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 2535 LIVE, GO 1535 LIVE, GO 740 LIVE, Go 930
    Computer voices should be available to you on a 140s.

Are your sure it isn't a 140 - the model without the S doesn't support computer voices.

Did you formerly use your email address on a GO device? That confuses HOME. If you previously used a different Tomtom with your email, try shutting down HOME, renaming \mydocuments\tomtom\home\download to \mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloadOLD, then starting HOME back up to see if things go back to normal.

mvl, Oct 22, 2009
    1 person likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question