TomTom home: Not Supported By Your Device

'Mornin, I just bought a TomTom One 140S and I was looking around TomTom Home at voices and such. Well I can search voices and download them but I can't search computer voices. I also can't access car symbols, and I can't change the start-up screen through Home. When I go to click on car symbols it says, "You can not use this feature because it is not supported by your device" I figured I could since this is a newer TomTom.

Do I have to do all these things manually, or am I making a mistake?

Last edited:
'Mornin, I just bought a TomTom One 140S and I was looking around TomTom Home at voices and such. Well I can search voices and download them but I can't search computer voices. I also can't access car symbols, and I can't change the start-up screen through Home. When I go to click on car symbols it says, "You can not use this feature because it is not supported by your device" I figured I could since this is a newer TomTom.

Do I have to do all these things manually, or am I making a mistake?

computer voices say the full name of the street that you are turning on which is called voice to text. If your unit doesn't say the actual name of a street and just says something like make a right in 200 feet you can't download a computer voice

Computer voices should be available to you on a 140s.

Are your sure it isn't a 140 - the model without the S doesn't support computer voices.

Did you formerly use your email address on a GO device? That confuses HOME. If you previously used a different Tomtom with your email, try shutting down HOME, renaming \mydocuments\tomtom\home\download to \mydocuments\tomtom\home\downloadOLD, then starting HOME back up to see if things go back to normal.

Ask a Question