TomTom HOME: Mac vs. PC

nyy

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I did a search on this forum and couldn't come up with anything.

Anyway, I have both a Mac (OS 10.4.11) and PC (XP). I'm about to get a 140s, and before I hook it up to the computer, was wondering if TomTom Home works similarly on both platforms and offers the same exact features and has the same capabilities.

I much prefer the Mac and was hoping that it worked well with TT Home's Map Share and IQ Route updates/corrections, backups, firmware and software updates, etc. Or, does it work better with Windows XP as unfortunately some applications do?

Also, would I backup my unit software and maps in the same manner with Mac and Windows? Sorry for sounding like such a noob, but well, I AM a TomTom noob. :eek:

I have both versions...just stick with the mac version it works great (no difference in features AFAIK). To back up, when the unit is connected to your mac, just select the internal drive in the finder, open it up, select all (command-A) and drag to a folder on your hard drive...then repeat the same for the SD card (if you have one installed)...do not just use the TT back up feature.

Ask a Question