TomTom Home and MAC

I use a Mac PC with 10.5 Leopard OS. Most of the time when I try to use TomTom Home App. it crashes. It happen when I am using "operate my device". Most of the time it crashes when I do some entry items. Would it do any good to trash the current TomTom Home App and download it again. This is my first TomTom (540S) and I am really impressed except for the TomTom App. Thanks for any help. I am running version 2.7.6.920 app.

DHN,

I have a 540S as well. I just tried to log-on with Tom Tom Home to get the new map update. I kept getting a runtime error 1058. Any idea what's up with that. I un-installed Home, reloaded it, and got the same message. I called Tom Tom support. This guy I talked to told me to do the same thing I had already done. So I deleted it and reloaded it again. When trying to run Home, I still got the same error runtime error. When I told the guy it still didn't work, he asked ME[/U, "What do you want me to do".] After a short come to Jesus moment with him he suggested that I try a little later own with the same process as there might be a server problem. If that didn't help to call back again (and wait on hold forever) and they would check out my firewall and computer settings. Have you had anyone else with this issue? Why all of a sudden would Home quick working when working fine before?

I use a Mac PC with 10.5 Leopard OS. Most of the time when I try to use TomTom Home App. it crashes. It happen when I am using "operate my device". Most of the time it crashes when I do some entry items. Would it do any good to trash the current TomTom Home App and download it again. This is my first TomTom (540S) and I am really impressed except for the TomTom App. Thanks for any help. I am running version 2.7.6.920 app.

I did a search on web and found a helpful item for Mac OS. This did not completely solve the crash problem but it seemed to help. Here is what I found. "Just do the following: TomTom Home App. and display preferences. (Be Happy. Be Apple.: Fix buggy TomTom Home!)

1) go to Preferences
2) go to Connection
3) Select auto-detect proxy

FEBRUARY 13, 2009 4:13 PM" Good luck.

Ask a Question