TomTom Home gives 220 errors

A couple of thoughts

Whenever I try to do anything on my TomTom with the docking station, I get error 220? What is this?

Make sure that your firewall software is configured to not block TomTom Home.

It might also be that there are a lot of folks updating their new GPS Christmas presents, and that the server can't keep up with everyone's download requests. But things did behave better for me when I reconfigured my firewall software.

I think TomTom's site is just overwhelmed right now. But post back and let us know if it was your firewall!

I am getting the same error with my TomTom GO 720, all it says it 220.

--Phil

Same issue here. New GPS owner, not very pleased. Customer service is closed on Christmas and the day after! I'm honestly shocked they cannot handle the server load.

TomTom Home gives 220 errors with ONE LE

Like others, I got a LE for Christmas. I've installed the Home app on my laptop running WinXP Pro SP2 but that's about all that works. I have the following problems related to the Home app:

1. Login to my TomTom account through the app gives an 220 error.
  2. Trying to update the device through the app results in 220 error.
  3. Trying to use the "Operate my ONE" selection says it needs to retrieve a file from the web (which I authorize), then it reports the file is unavailable.
  4. Backup is incredibly slow. It's been running 3 mins so far and is ~30% done.

Does anyone else see these 220 errors? There is no description, just the number in the error box. It doesn't map to an HTTP status code and the 2xx HTTP status codes are for success anyway.

Is anyone else noticing the TomTom website is very slow? I wonder if this is affecting the Home connections.

I guess it's time to call support.

Thanks,
icycle

Their server has been really slow today. Probably because of all the new TomTom's out there after Christmas and folks trying to update. I just tried their website, and it never would load. Earlier today, I tried updating my TomTom. I was told there was a new GPS fix available, but it failed to install.

I'm not too worried as I think their server is being swamped. Not sure what the 220 error is however.

Last edited:
I am getting that today too. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with their server being too busy. Just try again later.

Yup, looks like their server is overwhelmed. It's not a computer-to-GPS error. I managed to get through a couple of times, but it was reaaaaaally slow, and then I get a lot of 202 messages. Looks like they're swamped.

Be sure if your internet connection is not an issue? Maybe a firewall setting? Do let us know if it's working now, or you are still having issues.

As far as I know, doing a backup takes time. It took me a few minutes also to back everything on my PC.

Same luck

Mine has been doing it since yesterday. website SUCKS. I have gone to google maps and tried to send to gps but file must download first. It does, once every 50 tries, and then finds an extraction error. Sad.:confused: :confused: :mad::( :(

I have the following problems related to the Home app:

1. Login to my TomTom account through the app gives an 220 error.
  2. Trying to update the device through the app results in 220 error.
  3. Trying to use the "Operate my ONE" selection says it needs to retrieve a file from the web (which I authorize), then it reports the file is unavailable.
  4. Backup is incredibly slow. It's been running 3 mins so far and is ~30% done.

OK, of all the issues above, only #3 remains. The backup did complete, just took a long time. I've updated the unit to the latest SW (7.162), grabbed the QuickFix enhancement, put on some foreign accent English lang voices for a twist (considering buying the John Cleese voice).

Thanks for the help

Apologies, for my suggestion earlier, because I also experienced this a few minutes ago. I did get the 220 error when I clicked the Update my One button.

I reset my modem (what the hell). So then it took a bit to load the update window, the animated loading indicator took a bit longer than usual, then it did find that I needed to upload a mapshare item from my TT One LE. I then proceeded in uploading it, and it was successful. After that, I tried it again, and there are now updates available. So it must be working okay, or it must be just getting congested with traffic. I am on a T1 connection here.

server

Have only been a TT user about two weeks and never a problem with web site or HOME2 software. Received 220 error today also.
As mentioned, web site must be swamped. Try when everyone gives up and
goes to bed:)

Yes, must be the Christmas gift that everyone got! (including me) ... One 3rd ed here

Been getting very much slowness today. I think it will ease up tomorrow or later tonight.

Backup does take a long time. Took me about 8-10 minutes. It *is* transferring a near-gig of maps.

As far as the file required for operations being unavailable, you have to exit and open TomTom Home again for it to try downloading it again. Otherwise it seems to not actually try.

I was finally able to get online for the latest GPS update. It took about 3 tries before it was able to download, so the server is still fairly busy. I only tried after I was able to get to TomTom's home page. :)

Web site jacked up

I was finally able to get online for the latest GPS update. It took about 3 tries before it was able to download, so the server is still fairly busy. I only tried after I was able to get to TomTom's home page. :)

they must have sold a ton of the little blighters for xmas prezzies. Since i even goy myself a ONE LE for $140 and have ozzy as my voice[from some free website]. so far i like it but the directions are a bit iffy at time and i end up ignoring half of them. although when i'm not somewhere i know i may have to listen for a change....

Ask a Question