TomTom Home gives 220 errors

Same here on 220 error

At one point my download was almost complete for the new map. Then the server error came up and timed out. Same 220 error.

By the way, why is there no support listed on the website for the TomTom ONE LE?

Last edited:
At one point my download was almost complete for the new map. Then the server error came up and timed out. Same 220 error.

By the way, why is there no support listed on the website for the TomTom ONE LE?

It is happening to me now too. This is the first time that I have had this problem, it is rather irritating

Hello,

I have exactly the same thing *an error 220*, I have just bought a V7
map for my GO910 and I cannot update my GO :mad:

I'm getting the 220 error too. Got the ONE XL for Xmas and purchased W.Europe map. 4.5 hours into the 5 hour download it froze! :mad:

Currently on vacation and this is the only day I have internet access for a month!! Of course, I'm getting nowhere trying to download the map again. Hope they fix the problem asap!

Ah well, perhaps I should ignore computers for a month and really relax!

BTW, I'm assuming I WILL be able to re-download the map. Hope TomTom don't assume I've successfully downloaded it and prevent further downloads!

Cheers...

Robert

The server is down because there is a backup in progress? Oufff :) but a message might say, because the number 220, for a newbie has no meaning.

It has alot of meaning! it means this tomtom is a peice of junk.

Umm...but it seems its a server issue what does that have to do with the actual unit? Everyone is getting the same error. I know its frustrating but Tomtom isn't the only company that has server problems from time to time like this.

Hey guys, I think I found the workaround with TomTom Home. It seems that if you are logged out, you will get that error. As soon as you log in, you are okay, and the update feature works.

The way to know if you are logged in, is to check the upper right hand corner of Home. If you aren't logged in, it will say: "login". Once you are logged in, it should say your email addressed you used to register and create an account with TomTom.com . Hope this helps.

error 220

My computer usually logs in automatically when the tomtom one is connected to the computer.

My problem has been not just the error 220 but that following a login yesterday, when I opted to check out the contents of the device, I have lost from the device all the cointent that I investigated on screen. Hence no maps etc.

I have always backed up after every update, but now I cannot even reinstate from the back up; just get silly messages and the error 220

I am a computer dunderhead when it comes to this sort of thing and will be off to the shop that sold me the tomtom one later this morning.

BJ Cambridgeshire, England, UK.

My computer usually logs in automatically when the tomtom one is connected to the computer.

My problem has been not just the error 220 but that following a login yesterday, when I opted to check out the contents of the device, I have lost from the device all the cointent that I investigated on screen. Hence no maps etc.

I have always backed up after every update, but now I cannot even reinstate from the back up; just get silly messages and the error 220

I am a computer dunderhead when it comes to this sort of thing and will be off to the shop that sold me the tomtom one later this morning.

BJ Cambridgeshire, England, UK.
Just curious, when you connect your TomTom to your PC, can you explore the TomTom's HD? If not, try another USB outlet.

Hey guys, I think I found the workaround with TomTom Home. It seems that if you are logged out, you will get that error. As soon as you log in, you are okay, and the update feature works.

Hope this helps.
Just FYI, this did not make any difference for me, I got the error even when logged in.
j

Hi all,

I was surprised to receive my own tomtom ONE LE as a Christmas gift yesterday. The first thing I did was connect it to the internet to update, and got the 220 error (even adding tomtom to 'permit' in Symantec Firewall, and even disabling my firewall) everyone else is experiencing. At first I thought, what cheaply/poorly written software, but gave them the benefit when I saw how functionality is crammed into such a small unit. I figured it was server problems (probably has a limit it hits in a given day before cutting off everyone). The updates seemed to be working (at least at work) this morning and right now.

I have a question on the most to date USA map. When was it released? I don't want to use my 'most up to date guarentee' promo coupon if there is a new USA map coming out in the next month. Thanks!

Hi all,

I was surprised to receive my own tomtom ONE LE as a Christmas gift yesterday. The first thing I did was connect it to the internet to update, and got the 220 error (even adding tomtom to 'permit' in Symantec Firewall, and even disabling my firewall) everyone else is experiencing. At first I thought, what cheaply/poorly written software, but gave them the benefit when I saw how functionality is crammed into such a small unit. I figured it was server problems (probably has a limit it hits in a given day before cutting off everyone). The updates seemed to be working (at least at work) this morning and right now.

I have a question on the most to date USA map. When was it released? I don't want to use my 'most up to date guarentee' promo coupon if there is a new USA map coming out in the next month. Thanks!

You are able to upgrade for 30 days as much times as you want.

Ask a Question