TomTom Home gives 220 errors

error 220

This may already been solved by TT or addressed by others but I resolved the issue by moving (just in case it didn't work) the EPHEM folder on TT to a hold location on my hard drive while TT was connected to TT Home (you can do it with EXPLORE). Then disconnect TT from Home, shut it off, turn it back on and when it connects to HOME it will update. It's been working fine since.

220 error

I had this error after trying to copy some POIs in my TomTom memory... I feel like the memory gets corrupted when I try to copy files on my TomTom using the "windows explorer". My Tomtom was not operational anymore when I did that in the past and I had to reformat the memory and re-install the backup that I had made the very first day I bought the TomTom.

I might be wrong but I feel like the 220 error is related to memory corruption of the TomTom... For now I just don't know how to securely copy files on my TomTom without troubles.

I think the consensus is (at least one of the causes) a server problem at TomTom. Lots of peeps on the board reported receiving the error over a short period of time with time seeming to be the only constant variable. Seems to support a server problem.

woohoo!

Thanks, Propus!!! Your tip solved my final problem getting my TT One working w/my computer. I don't know how you figured it out, but it worked for me!

Ask a Question