tomtom go 910 won't recognize new map North_America_720.1803

I was driving around in escondido CA and noticed the road for stone brew(1999 citricado parkway, escondido ca) was missing from my version 675 map. being low on funds I could not afford to buy a new map. so I download North_America_720.1803 from via torrents. I deleted the current north america map and copy the new map to the root directory. when i go to switch maps. all I see is canary islands and europe. I don't see North America in the map selection screen, even though North_America is in the root directory. Anybody know what gives? Even with the copy protection, it should at least acknowledge that a map exists and ask for an activation code...

Hi waylandchin,

Welcome to TTF. I don't think that you will find anyone here that is willing to help you activate someone else's map. People here paid for their maps. But, I will try and give you some advice...

I deleted the current north america map and copy the new map to the root directory. when i go to switch maps. all I see is canary islands and europe.
If you deleted N America, you are seeing Canaries and Europe because those are the only usable maps left on your device. I really hope, for your sake, that you made a back-up of your original map.

Even with the copy protection, it should at least acknowledge that a map exists and ask for an activation code...
Why should it?? The rules changed. That is not how it works anymore.

I was driving around in escondido CA and noticed the road for stone brew(1999 citricado parkway, escondido ca) was missing from my version 675 map.
For future reference, the correct course of action would be to inform TT and/or TA of the discrepancy and then either live with it, or buy a newer map. All maps are out-of-date. That is the nature of a map.

Anyway, I hope that you stick around. There is a friendly bunch of people here who are happy to help you with a lot of TT-related problems, just not the one you asked about here.

Another thing missing is your firmware. If you're still operating you unit with v6 firmware, it can't run a v7 map. So you will need to install v7 or v8 firmware.

This, of course, will not allow your illegal map to run. But it's a first step if you decide to actually purchase a new map.;)

Ask a Question