TomTom Go 910 won't connect to HOME

Hi all, hope you can help with a quick query?! I've had a go 910 for years that stopped working a while ago, i've eventually got it working again by changing the main board several times from other 910's, 710's and 510's, i've lost track of which board is which, but it now works, with the original maps that were loaded on it, all working fine...however it won't connect to home, it doesn't get recognised by my PC or my Mac, i don't get the screen that asks if you want to connect to PC, it doesn't come up as a drive on my Mac or PC, it's as if the USB cradle is faulty, but I have another TomTom that DOES work on the same cradle so I know it's not that. I've tried resetting it, uninstalling Home and trying again but no joy...any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Steven

hi , thanks for your reply, as I said i've tried resetting it, even disconnecting it from the battery to clear the whole circuit/flash with no joy. I just wondered if there was something not so obvious to try as i've tried pretty much everything i can think of!
Cheers

Try a different USB port on the computer, preferably one on the back. If still no joy, see if you can connect with a different cabel, it doesn't have to be a mount type, just one with a usb female plug, I think. But I stand to be corrected, of course.

A 910 uses a dedicated docking station for the connection to the PC but if other devices work via your hardware then we can assume the PC and dock is working correctly.

Most probably is the socket on the actual TomTom device that is at fault, have a good close look at the electrical connection strip from the underside of the device do all the copper contacts appear to be at the same height?

Another dodge worth trying is to remove the rubber bung the device sits on while on the mount, turn the device upside down and where the case comes to a point above the electrical connector on the device is a simple rubber bung (looks a bit like an erazer on a pencil) - pull this out and try again - Mike

Ask a Question