tomtom 910 won't boot after backup

The problem with my tomtom 910 gps . after connecting to my pc and do a few upgrade then a full back up
to my pc .I had the unit removed from cradle . The next day when I turn the unit on and get nothing but X sign. I figured out if I reconnected to my PC then I can correct the problem but I showed "format failed" and hung up . I did try to reset so many times and still no success . Anyone have any suggestion Please post
reply.
Thanks

If you have an Explorer backup of your unit's contents, are you saying you tried to format the unit and it didn't work? If you didn't try to format it, try it now. Don't use quickformat. Then restore the backup.

Reset the 910 using a pin then connect it to the PC dock, make sure the power lead is also connected to the PC Dock, now switch the device on, does the PC recognise the device or not - Follow the above order of reset, connection, switch on exactly as written - Mike

I follow the instruction on tomtom website . Click on device properties and choose tool to correct memory errors . Then It won't see anything on the device but ask me to format .I am tottoly confused because
It does not accept quick format and force me to do full format. Here is my question is , Should i choose fat32
table or else ?

I also have Cd map . Should I Open the files in the CD and copy everything over the device? I lost the back up and I think it is not reliable.

how do i add map to device without back up files ? I have CD map version 6. Also just download version
8.45 .
thanks

You don't need the backup files to install the 845 map. You can connect to Home and install the 845 map from there using the Add maps/voices icon.

I add new map version to this folder
C:\Users\kasy\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download and I use search button to find it but i comes up nothing.

Ask a Question