TomTom GO 540 Live & Nokia E51

I have a new TomTom 540 GO Live and a Nokia E51 phone. They paired happily for a couple of days but now I can only receive calls. Outgoing calls give a "Phone not connected" message. Re-setting both GPS and phone sometimes works, but not for long. Looking through the forums, it seems that this is a common problem with App V8.351 and it's recommended to install V8.302. So, a couple of newbie questions:

1. Where can I find the V8.302 cab file for this model?
2. How do I install it?

Many thanks!

Yes this is a known issue that can be fixed by downgrading.

8.302 is not designed for the 540 model. You should install 8.310.

First backup your device per this thread.

To uninstall your application, go to tomtom HOME, "remove items" -> "Items from device" -> Application

Then to reinstall, it depends on whether you previously downloaded 8.310 in the past. If you did, then go to "add traffic, voices, etc" -> "Items on my computer" -> applications. Click "more info" on each application until you find app 8.310. Then add it.

If you didn't install 8.310 in the past, then download this cab, and use winrar to extract its contents to the tomtom, overwriting files on the tomtom if asked

Ask a Question