TomTom displays - No maps found!!

I have a TomTom one version 5.450 from Great Britain.

I am on a visit to USA, and I brought my tomtom along.

I copied the TomTom one version 7.0 back up files on to a new 2gb SD card and inserted the card into my tomtom, but it displays: No maps found!!

now, i dont know what I am doing wrong here...:confused:

any help is appreciated..:)

please reply

victor

Where they all there in GB? Alos, did you have US or N American maps on it?

If yes to the above, go to manage maps on your unit and see if it shows up and select it if it does. When I select European Maps over her (in a 910), the screen is blank - but they are there.

You didn't make it clear, but did you copy the map folder to the SD card too? It must be there along with the firmware files.

I copied all the files from one of my friend's tomtom back up folder, here in US.

so, I believe it does have all maps and files

Where they all there in GB? Alos, did you have US or N American maps on it?

If yes to the above, go to manage maps on your unit and see if it shows up and select it if it does. When I select European Maps over her (in a 910), the screen is blank - but they are there.

I copied all the files from one of my friend's tomtom back up folder, here in US.

so, I believe it does have all maps and files

Doe you meant that you restored a backup of your friend's US device to your GB device ?

If so - will not work - maps are device specific.

If that is the case, and you have the card with your application with you - they are having a fire-sale of Maps over there - you could purchase and download through your GB plus Services account a limited map for the part of the US you are visiting real cheap.

Thanks for your help,

atleast now I know what is the problem..

I think I will buy the map now..

Shall I buy map with whole USA and Canada or specific region one, through tom tom Home?

Doe you meant that you restored a backup of your friend's US device to your GB device ?

If so - will not work - maps are device specific.

If that is the case, and you have the card with your application with you - they are having a fire-sale of Maps over there - you could purchase and download through your GB plus Services account a limited map for the part of the US you are visiting real cheap.

Thanks for your help,

atleast now I know what is the problem..

I think I will buy the map now..

Shall I buy map with whole USA and Canada or specific region one, through tom tom Home?

I was going to suggest just a region - unless you are going to travel to more then one area. However, on the UK website (where I have been thinking about buying the same map) - the whole US & Canadian version is only 5 pounds more (35) then any of the separate region maps cost. Either one should download and work OK on your unit if you buy them through your TT home account.

TT was selling them here recently for $150, but our map page is strangely down.

I was going to suggest just a region - unless you are going to travel to more then one area. However, on the UK website (where I have been thinking about buying the same map) - the whole US & Canadian version is only 5 pounds more (35) then any of the separate region maps cost. Either one should download and work OK on your unit if you buy them through your TT home account.

TT was selling them here recently for $150, but our map page is strangely down.

Thank you very much Gaw

Ask a Question