Tomtom CEO confirms GO 1000 release within 2 weeks

So I assume they've already started the grief counseling for the Home3 engineering group?

Custom POIs

Hi,

I read some rumours that the 1000 won't let you to use custom POIs. Is that true? WIll ther be an alternative to add your own POIs?

Eddy

Not a rumour, it's true. You can create your own custom poi categories.

Unless they change the application, there is no way right now for custom poi files to be added to the unit.

Not a rumour, it's true. You can create your own custom poi categories.

Unless they change the application, there is no way right now for custom poi files to be added to the unit.

If you are able to create own custom poi categories, how can you add POIs to it then?

Using the Manage POI option as I remember. You slect the category name you created and add another poi location to it.

If I understand what's been said here and elsewhere, I think the confusion is thus: you can't just take the custom POI files from other sources (in *.ov2 file format) and slide them over onto the unit the way you could with previous models. You have to create your own category and create your own list one by one. Not nice.

Oh, I suppose by phoning the Custom Support people for your country, for starters:

du lundi au vendredi de 10h00 ? 16h30 CET

Ask a Question