Tomtom carminat live

No. The lack of a subscription only causes a loss of Live traffic data, though unless you still have 2G service in your area of operation, it won't matter. These devices worked on 2G, and many carriers have been repurposing the bandwidth for higher performance service (3G and above).
The fix updates are the same no matter what, and will come from Home when it is behaving properly.

Unfortunately, there's nothing left that works with a BT remote. Sad that feature went away, especially as the rules for touching things while driving got tougher at the same time.
OK thanks I won't waste my money on that then.Any chat on the Go 5200
No. The lack of a subscription only causes a loss of Live traffic data, though unless you still have 2G service in your area of operation, it won't matter. These devices worked on 2G, and many carriers have been repurposing the bandwidth for higher performance service (3G and above).
The fix updates are the same no matter what, and will come from Home when it is behaving properly.

Unfortunately, there's nothing left that works with a BT remote. Sad that feature went away, especially as the rules for touching things while driving got tougher at the same time.
OK thanks I won't waste my money on that then.I'll keep trying with the gps fixes and see if it suddenly bursts into life again.Is The Go 520 a decent unit(UK).It seems to have more spec than the Carminat.What tomtom would you recommend anyway.....Rod.

The difference between the 520 and 5200 is that the 5200 includes internal cellular hardware so it can make the connection to TT all on its own for traffic, etc. The 520 depends upon using a TT app on your phone to provide the 520 with that data, or using your phone as a WiFi hot spot to get the data.

The difference between the 520/5200 and the 620/6200 is one of screen size -- 5" vs 6".

Since TT doesn't support cellular versions here in NAM, I'm using the 620 (old eyeballs like larger screens), and since my provider isn't charging for it, I'm using my phone as a WiFi hot spot to keep the 620 happy with traffic. Good kit all around, either way you go.

Well surprisingly enough my sat nav has started working again.I won't be removing card in case it gets upset again-happy days.

I think it is something to do with erroneous gps fix file,but at the moment cannot sign into tomprobabtom home.Seems to be a problem over all,I saw on another tomtom page.When I purchased van it had a live subscription but does not now.Is the lack of subscription the problem then?I see a subscription can still be purchased for £49 I think and comes with a gps fix update.Is that update different from the updates on the tomtom home app?If you think I am wasting my money on an old nav2 unit,what would you recommend(UK),that is about same size screen and would speak the the Bluetooth remote I have in van......Rod!!
probably yout GPS antenna is fried (in the fin on the roof) - you may buy 3rd party GPS antenna with blue connector and connect it instead of original - you can then hide it beyond satnav

Ask a Question