TomTom Bonus Map Promotion

Today I finally tried to download my bonus map. I want to get the Europe map, however after entering my activation code I'm given the following choices:
Please select the item(s) you would like to download
Europe 2GB (Western & Central Europe, Turkey and Russia)
Western & Central Europe 2GB
North America 2GB

Which Europe map is better? How do I find out the differences, according to TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems the maps are identical, however I am skeptical about this because the file sizes are different.

EDIT: I decided to download the larger map, based on an opinion I googled, that the larger map has more detail. In any case, I was only able to download the Northern Zone in order to fit on my device.
I am now able to change to the Southern, Eastern, or Western Zones. Is there now a time limit that applies for downloading another zone, or can I do this at any time in the future?

Last edited:
You normally have a year to download available maps. However, a new map will be due long before then.....

New map zone installed ok, latest map update and quickgpsfix updates installed, now my XXL is purring along. W00t :D

Ask a Question