Tomtom 510 map issues

Hello All, I am new on this forum and have a question about tomtom 510.
May I know if I can put 2 maps on an SD CARD. I have 2 maps, UK and USA/CANADA.
On one of the cards which contains the USA/CANADA map is 1gig and the other, about 400MB which is full.
So my question is, can I add the UK map which is 400MB to the USA/CANADA map which has almost 800 MB space left. :confused:
Thanks for your help!

Certainly, just copy the UK map folder to the other card, put the folder in the root of the card, this is the first level you see on the card when you click the drive letter associated with the TomTom using Windows Explorer.
On the device use Change Preferences/ Manage Maps/ Switch map to select between the two maps as you require - Mike

Great that you got it working, you might find if you select the UK map but are located in Canada once the device gets a GPS position fix it will pop a screen up telling you the current map isn't the correct one for your location and offers a short cut button to switch to the more suitable map - this works on the x20, x30 and x40 devices so it might do this on your 510 - Mike

Ask a Question