TomTom 510 - Install NA Maps without CD/DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a TomTom 510 and it came with 1GB CD card with USA_Canada maps loaded. I downloaded North America maps and the zip file contained the following files:
  1. cline.dat
  2. cname.dat
  3. cnode.dat
  4. cphoneme.dat
  5. faces.dat
  6. mapinfo.dat
  7. north_america.md5
  8. north_america.mid
  9. north_america.pna
  10. poi.dat
  11. tmccodes.dat
  12. traffic.dat
I created a folder <North_America> on the root of my SD card and then copies all these files.
When I switch on my TomTom it does not show me an option of North America maps in the switch maps option.

I looked at the root of the SD card and the only difference I could make out was missing .mds file though North_America-59F984C1.mac is present.

Please let me know if it is possible to install maps without having actual CD/DVD

Thanks in advance

Not having the DVD isn't the problem. The problem lies with having the map activated with the proper activation code. Wherever or whoever gave you this map didn't realize that activation is the key to making maps work.

This is why purchasing maps from TomTom will give you the activation code to access the maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question