TOMTOM 300/910 my hero

Hi Everyone, A couple of yrs ago I bought a Tomtom Go300, Since I am in the sales executive, I looked at the purchase of a nav product to save time,Time is money you know. I spent countless hours researching the best nav product for me and was willing to spend anything to get the right product for the job. I decided to purchase the go300. Since then I cannot live without it. Anytime Anyplace I am located I can be in a strange town, and know where everything is. Ok so its not the best for every single POI but, TT gives you the ability to hit the ground running right out of the airport. I cannot find the words to tell you how important TT is to my daily life. And my new Aquisition is the 910, Since my travel schedual has me all over the world my wife had now been blessed with my go300 and ttgo 910 is now by my side, spending 8 months a yr traveling all over the world it gives me the flixibility to travel like a local,Again Tom Tom you are my hero. Both of my cars are equipped with Nav systems, both cost me an arm and a leg, and are virtually worthless, for the nav and entertainment package in my Mercedes a 5K upgrade. I use tom tom istead of it. Yes biggest bang for the buck TOMTOM. Garmin Eat your heart out. I just am seeking more points of interest. There are tons of sights for the UK for POI but for the USA its so vague. Are there software programs that can be bought to add more POIS. I can see why TT has such a following. Its the best thing since sliced bread and saves me the trouble for asking directions. I would utilize plus services but my blue tooth razor with sprint is not supported, Yes I use the basics of TT and swear by it. Its honestly the best gift i have gotten myself. My family thinks im crazy and pick on me often by my addiction to my time savior. 2 Thumbs up. At times I hit a glitch or two but hey no one is perfect. When exiting an airport at 2 am from a late delayed flight, or sitting in a hotel room with the munchies tom tom comes in handy, any time any place tomtom is the greatist. I know i sound like im beating a dead horse but the only thing to make TT better in my opinion is more POI. my go 300 has 0 financial info. no ATM and a few shortcomings, can anyone tell me please where i can buy the fountain of all information or find a way to quickly load the USA or other places with similar info. Warp Speed MR Scott.

Stacy

Welcome!
Im glad to hear your like your GO 300 and GO 910.
I own a GO 910 and a ONE. I love them both!

If POIs are a concern, no problem! We have tons of custom POIs here in our forum. We have plenty of ATM POIs listing the locations available.
Furthermore, your 910 also can list ATM locations.

If you have any other specific questions, let us know.

Hello there and welcome to the boards.

Asumming you know how to install custom POI's have you tried looking at the Bank's and ATM forum, maybe there is something you can use there.

There is a software program that's free where you can install and configure it to download POI's called POIEdit.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: oops, Pedro2NR beat me to it.

Poi

Dumb question i know, if i collect all the pois, is there a chance of duplication, etc, I see others on the site are using ssome sort of software to make poi, if everyone contributes, is there a cchance of duplicates. Sorry just getting into max info.

Welcome!
Im glad to hear your like your GO 300 and GO 910.
I own a GO 910 and a ONE. I love them both!

If POIs are a concern, no problem! We have tons of custom POIs here in our forum. We have plenty of ATM POIs listing the locations available.
Furthermore, your 910 also can list ATM locations.

If you have any other specific questions, let us know.

There are no duplicates files here. We always update each poi file. The thread title will show a revision # letting you know which is the latest.

TT should pay you for that testimonial. Glad you like the unit. Most of us here also feel relatively the same. Welcome to the forum!!

Your rqst for POI's

Great Story and I felt like I was reading my own feelings. I have a 300 and 510 I am also constantly playing with my tomtom and adding POI's! My wife and daughter still cant figure out what Im doing. If you have any personal POI request just ask there are many forum memebers that will be glad to help with your personal needs. You wont believe how many requests I have made and found them to be helpfull for me as well. Since you are a world traveler as I am here is a good POI site for you.

http://www.poigps.com/modules.php?name=Downloads

Regards, Giorgio

Ask a Question