tomtom 2535 - no maps, no connection

TomTom Model(s)
go920 go2535
Have just brought a 2535 after having had my go920 stolen. The 920 worked perfectly with both my tom tom and tom tom home. HOWEVER- I have now spent an entire weekend trying to load a new map onto the 2535. It downloads fine but when it tries to load onto the nav it comes up with "something has gone wrong (understatement) check your computer for more information. Computer doesn't have any more information. On Home it says that the device is not connected.
So new tom tom , no maps, no connection,
anybody got any idea on how to fix it. Have notice similar comments with the 2050 or 1005

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things:
1. You must use MyTomTom (obtained at tomtom.com/getstarted) NOT Home 2 with that model
2. Use a DIFFERENT email address for the new unit than with the other one.

All that said, and if you are doing the above, try:
1. Resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
2. Reboot the computer and reconnect the unit to it.

Seee if the map installs now.

still no maps or updates

Two things:
1. You must use MyTomTom (obtained at tomtom.com/getstarted) NOT Home 2 with that model
2. Use a DIFFERENT email address for the new unit than with the other one.

All that said, and if you are doing the above, try:
1. Resetting the unit by holding the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
2. Reboot the computer and reconnect the unit to it.

Seee if the map installs now.

Tried all the above as well as dropping all firewalls, installing google chrome,Have tried on 3 different computers and all have the same error message. After reading through the forums this seems to fairly common problem with new units over a wide range of models

On the website's MyTT screen, is the country selected New Zealand?

Try clearing your cache in the DESKTOP'S Icon. Save the settings. Try a port of 4001 or 5000 instead of the default 4000.

You have installed the MyTomTom desktop app (tomtom.com/getstarted), right?

When you install it, it creates a desktop icon in the notification area of your computer screen, bottom right. It's that icon I'm talking about.

Click on it. Settings. Connections. That tab.

!!!!!!!tomtoms

Tried doing what you said and now have no maps at all.
Got 30% updating and came up with the same message
"something has gone wrong etc.
This is past a joke. This unit cost me $600.00 and is absolute ****-why change from a proven system tomtom home to this obviously faulty one.

This is past a joke. This unit cost me $600.00 and is absolute ****-why change from a proven system tomtom home to this obviously faulty one.
To answer your question, it is my understanding that TomTom changed from the HOME2 utility to the new MyTomTom utility because of a lawsuit by Microsoft.

This is not intended as a defense of TomTom - as I don't work for them, and this web site is not affiliated with TomTom - but just as an answer to your question.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

-et-
I've seen that used as an excuse before as well, but after reading a lot about the Linux angle, it never has seemed to hold any water. I really believe TT was looking for both new hardware and system platforms irrespective of the MS FAT/filename issue.

Ask a Question