TomTom 1.6 (UK & Ireland) Crash

TomTom 1.6 (UK & Ireland) Crash On Splash Screen!

Updated to 1.6 UK & Ireland via iTunes last night.When hitting the icon to activate it the TomTom splash screens shows and then it crashes and goes back to the main menu screen.

I installed the update via iTunes but have since then deleted it from the iPhone and tried re-installing but to no avail.I've also tried a hard reset, which has bought no change.

I have left a comment regarding this on the App store and looking at other peoples comments on the App store i'm not the only one wiith this problem.I have reported the bug there as well but what more can i do?

After almost a day and a half of e-mails with TomTom support i get the solution of all solutions, update the IOS on your iPhone and try the app again.Like i didn't think of that myself, thing is i don't want to update to 4.2.1 yet

Apps should work on any IOS that it's tested on (4.0 in this case) and any there after!

Been told by TomTom support that 1.6 is only compatible with 4.2.1!

Then if this is the case why does it not state this on the app store, which also says 1.6 was tested on OS 4.0!

:mad:

I am running 4,1 without any issues at all, but my iPhone4 isn't jail broke for the time being. The TomTom V1,6 app is quite happy to run on this install - Mike

TomTom Western_Europe 1.6 & iOS 4.2.1 & iPhone 4 crashes also

Hi guys,

My TomTom 1.6 West-Eu is crashing on my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1 but it is NOT crashing on my iPhone 3G S iOS 4.2.1.

Didn't bother to send an e-mail to TomTom.

cheers,
Yiannis

I'm having the same problem, since the tom-tom update (uk version) the app just crashes back to the homescreen after displaying the tom-tom logo. I'm using an iPhone 4 on firmware 4.2.1. My phone has been jailbroke in the past, but not at present since I updated to 4.2.1. The app has worked fine until this new version.

I thought that I am the only one with this issue, but no, I can see that many people on iTunes Comments are having exactly the same problem. My girlfriends 3GS 1.6 update works just fine (4.0.1) but on my iPhone 4 4.1 TT 1.6 crashes. I have tens of apps so has my girlfriend on her 3gs and she has no issues running tt 1.6.

I had exactly the same problem, had the app since v1 on a 3gs not jailbroken and have never had a issue. When I updated to v1.6 it wouldnt get past the loading screen before crashing. Tried all the uninstall, reinstall, hard reset, restore etc to no avail. The app did however update successfully on my ipad. In the end I got it to work by deleting tomtom off the iphone and going into settings>general>international and changed the region format to united kingdom. For some reason my region was set to united states, then set language and voice control to english. Reinstalled v1.6 through itunes and it hasnt crashed since.
Hope this helps

Ask a Question