Missing town TomTom Ireland

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by Joe76, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Joe76

Joe76

TomTom Model(s):
    via135
    Hi all, I recently relocated to Ireland and I have a tomtom via 135 with the latest map installed.

My map is Europe.

I live in a small town of Dublin South, called Dun Laoghaire and (first problem) in my town the only one street recognized is "Dun laoghaire City Center".

Second problem: today I wanted to go to Dundrum to visit a very famous shopping center, which is 6km away from Dun Laoghaire and surprise...the only one Dundrum recognized by my map is a city 160km away from Dun Laoghaire.

Now guys: I can understand that having the map Europe you can not have an high level of detail but this Europe map for Ireland is Not decent.

Question: IF I buy the Uk&Ireland map will my issue be fixed? does uk&ireland map is more detailed than europe? can they be installed both on my navigation at the same time?

thanks

Joe76, Apr 9, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Joe76

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    You have version 965 on your device? UK&Ireland will not contain more detail than Ireland on a full Europe map.

dhn, Apr 9, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Joe76

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    If you're in the middle of a bunch of other smaller towns just SE a bit from Dublin, I see lots of streets. Or is there more than one Dun Laoghaire?

canderson, Apr 10, 2016
  4. Joe76

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    I cannot speak for current maps or devices as my Europe one on the GO Live 1535 is 14 months old but it does show 58 roads.
    There may be a lot missing as I could not plan a route from Tolka Quai, Dublin to Cross Ave or Northcote Rd in Dun Laighaire (note to we North Americans, pronounced Dun Leery).

That said, I don't think the town has more than that number of roads and TomTom possibly uses their Irish names. Nope checked with a few instances; not a question of language.

BTW, Joe, the town may be small but in the late 80's it was the only place in Ireland to sail to from Holyhead but I went back from Rosslare Harbour to Fishguard for the roundtrip.

Arno, Apr 10, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question