Tom Tom won't load satellites

TomTom Model(s)
tom Tom One
Newbie here from Vancouver Canada with a question.
Since yesterday I seem to have trouble loading the satellites on my tom tom one.
Everything works on it except that,battery is up and holds a reasonable charge.
Was wondering if maybe the satellites aren't transmitting in western Canada.
Thankks in advance for your help.

Correct. When was the last time you downloaded a quickgpsfix in Home? Also, some find a reset of the unit sometimes helps.

A couple of things:
1. Try a reset of the unit. That sometimes helps.
2. Sometimes a downloaded gps file has faulty data and throws things off. Use Explorer to delete everything in the ephem folder on your unit. Now go here: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris and delete any sub-folders you see there.

That should force a new download. Perhaps that is better.

And, of course, make sure your unit is in an open area and stationary for the best environment for a gps fix.

A couple of things:
1. Try a reset of the unit. That sometimes helps.
2. Sometimes a downloaded gps file has faulty data and throws things off. Use Explorer to delete everything in the ephem folder on your unit. Now go here: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris and delete any sub-folders you see there.

That should force a new download. Perhaps that is better.

And, of course, make sure your unit is in an open area and stationary for the best environment for a gps fix.

THAT DID IT!! Thanks very much,uninstalled Home 2.7 and reinstalled and have full GPS signals now
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Ask a Question