Tom Tom & Phone

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
I have a GO730 that I use on my motorcycle. Aside from the lousy battery, I like it. My issue is the phone.
My bike has an audio plug that is attached to the 730. Music, directions and warning comes through my helmet headset loud & clear. I have it paired with my Samsung Behold. The display shows the incoming call with caller ID and option to accept or reject. The problem is accepting will bring the caller voice to the built in speaker, hardly able to heat a 70 MPH. Someone must have a fix for that. Who is that "someone"? I am ready to tear down my unit to replace the battery (early comment of "lousy battery). I'm pretty handy with electronic and will wait for "someone" to tell me what to do, in case a jumper or so needs to be added.

seems that there is currently no way to route the audio from a ph call through bluetooth, FM, or the audio out. I personally think that's just stupid! The shop where we bought ours said phone calls could go through the car stereo...not so. They don't want to know about it, and neither do tomtom.

I have wondered if it would be possible to wire in an extra audio out jack, wired into the internal speaker connections. May need a small line amp added but I wouldn't think it would be too hard, then have it connected into the car stereo.... of cause my wife might have something to say about me hacking up her new tomtom ;) haha

It's a shame tomtom have not included this feature, or even the ability to enable it if disired.

I believe (ask in the Rider forums) that the rider model supports this.

None of the GO models support this. My guess is that it has to do with echo-reduction software limitations when Tomtom can't control the lag on the speakers.

i am sure TOmTom will upgrade its website to have us all the updated maps as early as 2008..well it doesnt have the MP3 play back option in the unit .. i find many pros while 2 cons.. it doesnt support a SD card slot and its mem is 1gb..however it should have street spelling option instead of calling the turns..well its the price that makes it worth..

Ask a Question