Tom Tom One XL and a Treo 750

I have these two devices and i have been having a heck of a time trying to get these 2 to work. The Treo is running WM5. I've searched these forums as well as the internet to find a resolution but have been unable to before i posted. I've also tried some suggestions that may have worked for other TT but not this one.

First - Bluetooth.
Both devices detect each other, but i am unable to get it to work. In the phone under Bluetooth | Devices - partnership settings, it's blank, which means i cannot use the TOM TOM for handsfree calling. And since I'm in California, it's the law be handsfree when using a cell phone in the car.

Second - Wireless connection (this is the more important one)
I cannot get this to connect at all. I have an unlimited data plan thru my work and can browse the internet on my phone. I have tried ATT Wireless as well as Cingular MediaNet for wireless, still no luck. I have tried to use the Treo 650 (there is not Treo 750 option on the TT), as well as the OTHER phone option, still no luck.

Can anyone shed some light on how i can get this TT to work with these 2 features? Do i need to subscribe to TT Traffic and Plus services before i get them to work or are they free as long as there's an internet connection? Thanks for any help!

Ed

Ask a Question