Help with Treo 755p from Sprint with Tom Tom Plus Services

Please help!!

I have a Tom Tom One LE and a Treo 755p from Sprint and I am try to connect to Tom Tom Plus services and I need help.

Has anyone got this to work?
Do I need to use PDAnet to get this to work?
Please be a detailed as possible.

Thank you!!!!

My Treo 700P with Verizon won't work either. I think it's the phones not the providers in this case. My 700P won't tell my TT that is has Data Services at all. So far I've not found anyone who has gotten a 650, 700 or 755P to work with their TT.

I have a Treo 750 from cingular. I also could not get my GO720 to connect with it. The problem with mine was that WM6 does not have a bluetooth DUN. I had to go to XDA and download the WM6 dun (not a official microsoft thing) and then after I setup the 720 to dial the correct info for Cingular it worked great. Let me know if I can help out in any way.

Well, you have a 750W (Windows based), both the OP and I have Palm based devices. The systems are completely different, what worked for you won't work for us.

I just got a 755p from Sprint as well. I noticed that Sprint is completely missing from the TomTom setup as a data provider if you try to manually setup your device (which we'd have to since the 755p isn't listed). I also noticed that the Treo 650 selection won't work.

The first time I paired the two devices (GO700 and 755p) via Bluetooth, it listed that data services weren't available at all. When I renamed my phone to something a little more relevant (it defaults to the Hotsync name), I had to repair them and then it did show up stating that it offered data services. However, I failed miserably at getting Plus configured and working, so I'm going to put in a support ticket with TomTom. Although I can understand that they're not going to have a profile for every phone immediately available, this phone isn't all that new and Sprint is one of the more popular phone services in the USA, so I'm confused why the don't offer it as a service provider option in their configuration. To show how outdated that config is, they have separate listings for Cingular and AT&T, which are now the same company. Oh, well.

Truthfully speaking, I don't expect to get anywhere with this, but...it needs to be reported to them.

Using the information from this post along with a few others, I was able to get my 755p working with my Go920. The only thing I did different from the referenced post was to leave the username and password blank. I kept the default of automatic IP and DNS information. I can download weather and traffic information along with all other TomTom services.

Ask a Question