Tom TOm One won't take US maps...

First post here, so please excuse me if this was covered elsewhere; I couldn't find reference to it.

I bought a Tom Tom One last year. I live in the UK and am moving to the US. I also have a CD with US and Canada maps on it, but the files appear to be too large for the One. My Internal TomTom drive indicates a capacity of 489mb, and the US maps are almost twice that size. Would TomTom intentionally sell a device that has no capacity for the software? I'm thinking that I'm doing something wrong, so I ask the Forum for help, please. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you have a regional One device with very limited memory, if there is no memory card slot on the device you only really have two choices:

1/ Sell it to part fund a better device
2/ Keep it for trips to the UK and purchase as North America specific model.

I would probably go with option 2 as they have different model ranges in the USA often with featurs that you cannot get on UK purchased kit such as Text To Speech on XL models - Mike

Thanks for that, Mike. Dumb me for not paying more attention when I purchased it.

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used TT1...?

Ask a Question