Tom Tom One V4 Crash Help

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom One v4
Alrite guys,

Im having big problems with my tom tom.

I bought it from halfords, over a year back now ( i think). I got it when the v4's first came out.
Everything was good and proper until it started crashing and resetting after finding satelite.

So i took it back from halfords, as it was in warranty at the time, the guy updated it, fixed it.

As soon as i update it myself im left with the problem i started with.

Il turn it on, then it will find signal as normal, navigate for about 100 metres then crash and start all over again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What application and map do you have on the unit? (tap the satellite bars to see the application version; tap the version number to see the map installed and version.)

Make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Have you tried a reset on your unit?

If the reset doesn't help, AFTER the Explorer backup is made, try formatting the internal memory of the unit, then restore the backup you made using Explorer.

Thanks for the reply.

Ive farted around with it for a good hour or so, and ive managed to get it working long enough for me to restore settings through the main menu.

Im going to give it a test run at lunch, but at the moment it looks like it might be working.

Sounds to me that it wants to break itself because the warranty has ran out and i havent bought any new maps!

Device info -

App 8.010 (9369/080529) OS: 190943
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5011

Map: 'United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland' v715.1689

Dunno if this is any help, i notice you guys are overseas!

It's a global community! :)

---Besides, one of our SuperMods, mikealder, is a resident of the UK.

Seems to have worked, il keep an eye on it-
IT BETTER WORK for when i go wales.
Im not a fan of stopping every road to check a map, and i cant imagine my girlfriend being the best of navigators!

Anyways, thanks for your help, looks like a good forum.

Ask a Question