Tom Tom Navigator 6 problems

Tom Tom Navigator 6 problems - DEAD! LOL

Hi all, i am new to this forum, i basically joined because im having problems with my Acer N35 with the tom tom program.

Ill set it all up correctly and it will find a gps signal but when im riding the roads jump allover the place, but when im still 9/10 it shows the road im on, but if i move forward an inch it jumps again, it did correct itself at one point, but a friend accidently formatted the card and i was back to square one.

Hope someone can help, Thanks - Joe

Can noone help me then? Its some sort of satelite location software i need, it was on my N35 before the SD card went faulty but i cant remember what it was called, tom tom's own wont work with it since its on windows mobile, thanks - Joe

Keep replying like you're doing, hopefully someone with Navigator 6 will respond.

Unfortunately, not too many people here still use Navigator 6. It's 3 years old, and Tomtom refused to provide map updates for it since 2006. Because of the lack of Tomtom support, most people have since upgraded to Navigator 7 or a Tomtom standalone PND device.

Personally I've never used Navigator 6 so sorry I can't help.

ok thanks mate, its really frustrating though because it used to be on the SD card before it went faulty, i remember going on it, there was "auto" and it made all the satelites locate the sat nav :)

Never mind, ill get navigator 7 if i can :)

Have a read through This thread on one of the other forums, it uses WinFast Navigator to adjust some of the NMEA sentences so they update at specific intervals, this might cure your issue with the position wandering about.
The other possibility is Static Navigation, this is best switched on for car based use and off for walking, have you got anything working on the device re Nav software as I am a little lost when reading this thread from the start - Mike

LOL i dont know why i bother with this sat nav, everything i do goes wrong, i took your advice and downloaded Winfast Navigation CE, installed it, followed some guys instructions thougherly and all was going well, loads of NMEA code showing and a fair few satelites showing, NOW!.... nothing is showing up, no satelites no strings of NMEA code coming up, all i did was this.

Once you have a successful connection and you have NMEA data coming through on the Development screen, then what you can do is tap TOOLS | COMMAND and you'll be greeted by a screen like to the right. This will by default put you on the Initialize tab. In here you have options for resetting the GPS

OK, this is what you will be doing, simulating this type of start. This is a harmless test, and you can time TTFF's yourself. The one thing to bear in mind is you can initiate a cold start and it will come in say at 49 seconds, another cold start may come in at 36 seconds, a third cold start will come in at 53 secs. You'll see a picture forming here, no TTFF will ever be the same due to conditions and data. That's why in our tests we take 5 Cold TTFF's and take an average.

For a harmless test, it certaintly broke something :p
i think ive totally broken this now :(

Thanks for your help, ill keep messing :)

Ive got it working again, so heres the best i can explain it:

Ive re installed WinFast Navigator CE, its found and locked on to about 12 servers and they have shown up green (fully locked on).

Its helped alot, its finding alot more servers on TTN7 but its still scrambling or something

Heres the problem, say im stood there on a straight road and move an INCH, the little GPS location arrow that shows your position, should hardly move at all if you move an inch, but it jumps MILES away, then goes back, worse if im riding on my motorbike,
as ive said i had a program and i cant remember what it was called but it was something to tell the satelites exactly where the GPS was it also said "auto detect" on the front page or something liek that and it sorted it all out.

(The reason i have nothing is because my SD card went faulty and completly wiped everything off it and wouldnt read anymore so i had to start again and i went and got a new one)

at 7 oclock my friend comes home from uni and ill get him to film the problem on his phone and ill upload it for you all to see :)

Thanks - Joe

S**T

Ahh well, cant belive it, worked on it today for 7 hours straight just then i got all sats locked on, working PERFECTLY, i thought "hmm, ill go try it on my bike" walk out of my bedroom, chuffed as hell, catch the gps flip up aerial on the walll, falls out of my hand, smashes the screen on a statue at the bottom of our stairs....

Im actually APOPLEPTIC with anger

Thanks for all your help though guys :)

Ask a Question