Iphone and Tom Tom NAVIGATOR 5 Europe

Hi guys

I have a Iphone and my son has given me "Tom Tom NAVIGATOR 5 Europe" seven discs in total. the package says Tom Tom GO, NAVIGATOR 5 or MOBILE 5.

Question:- can I install this software to my iphone Model MB213B firmware 3.1.2 I have an external bluetooth GPS that sits in the back of my car for reception. My main concern is whether this version of TomTom is compatible or not. Any advise would be appreciated.

regards

john

John, Welcome to the forum, the Navigator 5 software that you have been given is for a Windows Mobile device often called a PDA (personal digital assistant) you cannot load this to your iPhone as it simply won't work, there is an app by TomTom for the iPhone that is available via the iTunes App store.

In addition the iPhone can only use the built in GPS receiver within the phone or one mounted within a specific car holder, it cannot connect to a Bluetooth GPS receiver without serious messing around including JailBreaking the phone - Mike

Hi Mike

very sincere thanks for such a prompt reply, I was rather hoping the iphone might be classed as a PDA, however I do have a PDA at home which I can use the software to upgrade to. Again many thanks for the information.

All the very best for 2010

John

Ask a Question