Tom Tom Map won't load

For some reason I tried to update my map last night and it's been a problem ever since!

My map was deleted from my device and I tried to install the new one when it says that I don't have space on the device. After searching the hidden files I noticed that their is a file in the hidden folder ".trashes" that is 340MB's. I try to move it to the trash and it won't let me. My device only has 650 MB's free and the maps are 800+MB's and I CAN'T seem to free up space.

Anyone with an idea of what to do? I would factory reset the device, but when I turn it on it says "no maps found" and I can't get away from that screen.

You don't say what model you have but if you downloaded a new map, it should be found here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

and you can install the map without using Home:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

Where is this 'trashes' folder appearing? On the unit? If so, it can be dumped.

I would suggest backing up the contents of the unit, such as they are, using Explorer, not Home, and then proceed to delete the trashes folder if it is on the unit and then use the info in the link to install the updated map without using Home.

Ask a Question