tom tom go live 540

And where did you get the UK & Ireland map? The 540 is a North American model and hasn't live functionality.

"The 540 is a North American model and hasn't live functionality."

??

AFAIK, the GO540, GO740 and GO940 all come in a Live version in the U.K. The only one we got in the U.S. was the GO740.

That said, the OP still needs to answer the second question -- where did the UK/Ireland map come from?

Again, I missed that. Thanks for the correction.......
No problem. If I hadn't already had my coffee for the morning, I wouldn't have spotted it, either.

I'm always a bit worried about eBay purchases. You never really know anything about the history of the unit. Have to wonder if the original owner sold it due to the problem the OP is experiencing. Without the account info to go along with the unit, it's just about impossible to retrieve the appropriate map for the unit if it's been damaged, and the OP may wind up buying the map again. A new UK/ROI map will set him back GBP 29. 95 at the moment.

Ask a Question